Being the lone senior on the No. 2-ranked Lady Wave basketball (22-1) team is a tough job… but someone’s got to do it.
TBB: With being the only senior on the team what do you do to keep the other players’ minds right daily?
- BJ: “I’m tough on them but I try to stay positive and make sure we’re all on the same page. We say – T. ogether E. veryone A. chieves M. ore. We all make sure we stay humble and always work together.”
TBB: You’re No. 2 in the state. Did you ever expect a season like you’re having right now?
- BJ: “Coach Justice set our standards high coming into the season and we’ve been working hard because of them. I expected it because we want it. I also knew what we were capable of as a team.”
TBB: You’ve come a long way in four short years. What have you done individually to better your game on the court?
- BJ: “My everyday motto is ‘Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard’. A little bit of talent and a lot of hard work goes a long way. I got in the gym and did what I had to do… early mornings and late nights.”
TBB: A select group of guys practice with y’all during 3rd block. What’s that like? Is it intimidating or do you honestly feel that’s taken your team’s tempo to another level?
- BJ: “It’s not intimidating at all. It’s taken us to the next level. We always like a challenge. This is preparing us for the big stage. I give them a lot of credit because they’ve helped us tremendously.”
TBB: The Lady Wave will host probably the No. 1 team in the state Tuesday… I know you have Shannon next but are y’all thinking ahead and wondering if this could be a future North Half test for the team?
- BJ: “We aren’t thinking any differently about them. We’re going to prepare and go hard just like we always do. They’ll definitely get our best game just like we will get theirs.”
Matt Justice’s squad will take on the Lady Raiders at Shannon tonight. In their first meeting back on November 19th, THS won 75-66.