BASEBALL: THS (14-4, 4-1) dropped two spots to No. 12 in last week’s Clarion-Ledger poll at No. 10. The Golden Wave posted wins over Hernando, New Albany, and Saltillo. Last Friday’s division game at Hernando was postponed to Monday, April 14th. This week, they travel to South Panola Tuesday, host Greanda Friday, and IAHS and Belmont Saturday. All games will stream LIVE at www.goldenwaveathletics.com.
FAST-PITCH SOFTBALL: THS (7-13, 0-3) defeated Vardaman in the Golden Wave Tournament but had loses to Saltillo, Grenada, and Baldwyn. Lady Wave softball will host Grenada Tuesday, travel to Mooreville Thursday, and host Myrtle Friday.
TENNIS: THS (10-3, 3-0) had a successful first THS Tennis Tournament. Another loss to Oxford was overshadowed with wins over Pontotoc, New Albany, and Alcorn Central. They’ll now host 1st Round Thursday against an opponent that will be determined Monday afternoon.
GOLF: THS had a remarkable showing at Jackson’s Gator Invitational. They placed 1st over 20+ schools from three states. Golf will travel to Oxford tomorrow and hosts a number of area teams at TCC Thursday.
ARCHERY: THS won 6A North Half last week. They’ll host South Pontotoc and Guntown tomorrow at 5:30.
TRACK: Track and field boys placed 1st at yesterday’s Daily Journal Relays. Girls came in 2nd after Pontotoc. THS will travel to Meridian Saturday to compete in the East Mississippi Invitational.
POWERLIFTING: THS had a successful trip to Jackson’s state meet yesterday. Otis Wilson (6A, 165 lbs) took 1st place, Danielle Sharp (Class III, 132 lbs) capture 2nd, and Nijah Fields got 4th (97 lbs).
BLANKETS OF THE WEEK:
- Senior Carter Clayton, sophomore Drew Hurst, and sophomore Jason Garrett all picked up complete game wins against Hernando, New Albany, and Saltillo.
- Senior Reagan Aldridge, a Holmes CC commit, picked up her second win of the season against Vardaman. Freshman Lauren Knight had the game-winning hit against Vardaman. The win snapped a six-game losing streak.
- Sophomore Andrew Hildenbrand won all three matches 6-0, 6-0; 6-2, 6-1; 6-4, 3-6, 1-0 (singles, doubles) at this weekend’s tournament. Freshman Hogan Harrington won all four of his matches 7-6, 4-6, 1-0; 6-1, 6-1; 6-1, 6-3; 6-4, 3-6, 1-0. (doubles, mixed doubles)
- Seniors Hayden Buckley and Daniel Purnell posted 76, 77 and 76, 79 during their team’s 1st place victory at the Gator Invitational.
- Track boys: 4 x 800 relay (Darnell Collier, Max Lawson, Andrew White, and Mako Dijkwell), 4 x 200 relay (Quinton Lauderdale, Reed Bigham, Rodney McIntosh, and Jayland Dillard), shotput (Aliajawon Johnson), long jump (Antonio Clifton), and 400 dash and 4 x 400 relay (Alex Cayson).
- Track girls: 100 hurdles and 4 x 100 relay (Charde Hannah), 100 dash and 4 x 100 relay (Reagan Cook), 300 hurdles (Blakely Lollar), long jump (Breanna Jernigan), high jump (Eliza Bigham), triple jump (Sarah Ewing).
- Senior Otis Wilson (6A, 165 lbs) took 1st place in his powerlifting weight class at yesterday’s state meet. Danielle Sharp (Class III, 132 lbs) capture 2nd in hers.