SP SOFTBALL: Lady Wave softball (8-5, 3-0) lost to IAHS last Tuesday. They will travel to Tish. County tomorrow (5:30 V/JV after), host South Panola in a varsity double-header Thursday (5:00), and host Calhoun City Saturday (1:00/2:30).
VOLLEYBALL: Lady Wave volleyball (4-5, 1-0) lost at Southaven last Thursday, 3-0. Varsity will host their 15th Annual Tupelo Volleyfest Saturday.
XC: Both squads ran at Pontotoc yesterday. Girls won overall, boys placed 2nd. The teams will travel to Saltillo to compete Saturday.
FOOTBALL: Tupelo (4-0) rose one spot to No 4 in last week’s Mississippi AP High School Football poll. The Golden Wave defeated a tough Saltillo (3-1) team, 21-9. THS will have an open week this week, and open Division 1-6A next Friday with Hernando on Homecoming.
SWIM: THS swim swept in Starkville last week to improve to 2-0. They will host a variety of teams at the Tupelo Aquatic Center Tuesday at 4 p.m.
BLANKETS OF THE WEEK:
- Junior Ali Watts went 3-4 at the plate against IAHS, with a double and an RBI.
- Junior libero Kaitlyn Wilson had four aces, four kills, and seven digs in the Lady Wave’s loss at Southaven.
- Senior runner Christina Daniels ran solo for essentially the entire race at Pontotoc and finished with a personal best of 18:30, which put her a minute and 22 seconds ahead of her nearest competitor. On the boys side, senior Darnell Collier ran neck and neck with Oxford’s Tristan Orman for 2.5 miles before pulling away to win by 10 seconds and notching a personal best of 15:51.
- Senior cornerback Demaris Wise totaled nine solo tackles, six assisted, and two for a loss in the 21-9 win over Saltillo.
- Junior band member George Seiler is nicknamed “Mr. Fix It” and has helped taking on repairs of band equipment.
As always, follow @tbradenbishop or @TupeloHigh for updates and pertinent information regarding all Tupelo Golden Wave athletics. themblankets.com is also on Facebook, be sure to Like us! #themblankets