Head coach Trent Hammond is preparing for six home and five away games in 2016. On the other hand, the Golden Wave will travel to four division opponents and host three. Hammond, who will be entering his fourth season at Tupelo, went 6-6 in 2015, and has guided the Wave to the playoffs each season.
- Tupelo will open the season hosting 5A Clarksdale August 19th. Last season, Clarksdale beat Tupelo, 28-25.
- 4A Corinth comes to Tupelo August 26th. In 2015, Tupelo defeated the Warriors, 24-14.
- Longtime in-county rival 4A Shannon will host the Golden Wave September 2nd. THS won last season, 55-16.
- 6A South foe Brandon visits Renasant Field September 9th. The Bulldogs beat Tupelo 41-17 last year.
- Tupelo will be open in Week 5.
- Tupelo opens division play at home September 23rd with Hernando. THS won 31-17 in 2015.
- The Wave travels to Columbus September 30th. The Falcons won 33-9 last season.
- Southaven welcomes THS October 7th. Southaven defeated Tupelo in OT in 2015, 13-7.
- South Panola comes to town October 14th. The Tigers blanked the Wave in 2015, 35-0.
- THS will travel to DeSoto Central October 21st. THS beat DC last season, 34-32.
- Tupelo Senior Night will feature Horn Lake October 28th. The Wave won at Horn Lake last year, 34-13.
- Tupelo concludes the regular season at Olive Branch November 4th. THS outlasted OB 25-28 in 2015.